Thursday, July 9, 2015

Howdy, howdy, long time no post! Mostly because life's been really, really busy. So I thought I'd tell about my most recent ride-which was actually a couple of months ago. My husband and I decided to go to Tombstone, AZ-the place where we got married! Of course, we decided to go the 'back way', because not only is it less dangerous (interstate 10 can be a bit daunting) but because it's much more interesting! We headed out from home, took Old US 80 across the bridge at Gillespie Dam, through Gila Bend and headed South. We did take I-8 from Gila Bend to Eloy, but it had very little traffic. We then took frontage roads all the way to Tucson, went through Tucson on the I-10 and then back to Frontage roads just outside of town. From there we headed further south to the very beautiful town of Sonoita, Arizona. I'd never been there and it was really a treat! Stopped at a steakhouse and got back on to ride and got hit by a tiny bit of rain. Luckily, we'd both brought our jackets. We headed toward Sierra Vista. Just outside of town, we were hit by a hailstorm! Our only option was to pull off the road and tough it out-we all know that rain hurts when you're riding and HAIL is WORSE! Our legs were soaked, but we didn't really mind. After the short hailstorm, we were off again. We went to Sierra Vista, and then rolled on into Tombstone. What fun! I absolutely love that town. The next morning, we had breakfast, mounted up and went home through Benson. We did take the freeway this time (I-10), but were super vigilant. We got on the I-8 then headed home via Gila Bend and Old Hwy 80. I can't wait for the weather to cool off so I can resume riding EVERYWHERE. I am considering a ride up to Sedona through 89 and 89a. That is one of THE most beautiful rides anywhere! Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment