Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Scooterless

Yes, I am scooterless. I changed my oil, my gearbox oil, my spark plug and cleaned out my air cleaner. The scooter was stalling at stop lights and stop signs, so I figured that it would help to do these things. It didn't. So we sprayed some carburetor cleaner through the carburetor and it really did help! But the scooter did stall out twice, but it wasn't at an idle. So I had read somewhere that there was a small adjustment screw near the carburetor, and I gave it the slightest little twist. That seemed to do the trick. So I rode to town and ran a few errands and all seemed well. Until the next day. Suddenly, my scooter wouldn't start. It would turn and turn and turn, but would not start up. My husband thought that maybe the adjustment I'd made to the screw had something to do with it. So we called a scooter shop, and they told us that the valves most likely needed adjusting. So we took it in. They called us a bit later, stating that the motor was in fine shape, no adjustments were required, but that it most likely had a bad CDI or stator. Unfortunately, they don't keep those in stock, so we are now waiting for the parts to come in from Kymco. They ordered the part exactly a week ago and the tech told me it takes between eight to ten days to arrive. So, I am waiting VERY impatiently. I am squirming with annoyance, because I truly enjoy riding my scooter. I know that even when it's freezing cold here, I will be riding my scooter. I prefer it over my car. I keep hoping that they will miraculously call me today and tell me it's ready. Sigh. Trying to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment